Next Membership Classes: May 19 @ 11am & 6pm
What does it mean to be a member of Flood Church?
You are fully committed to Christ and fully connected to Flood.
What are the requirements for becoming a member?
Membership at Flood is a commitment to the life transforming process of pursuing the character and priorities of Christ within community. We believe transformation happens as we:
- Follow Christ
- Get baptized
- Participate in Sunday worship gatherings regularly
Grow w/in Community
- Join or lead a Flood Life Group or Core Group
Impact the World
- Give to Flood
- Participate in an Impact Opportunity
- Share Christ in the circles you have influence
How Can I become a member of Flood Church?
ATTEND THE NEXT MEMBERSHIP CLASS
As a member of Flood Church it means that you are fully committed to Christ and fully connected to Flood Church. If you are interested in checking out what that means we invite you to join us for this one time hour long class hosted on the 3rd Sunday of each month. This is a time to learn more about the vision and values of Flood and share your personal journey of faith.
Questions or to RSVP, contact: [email protected]
Upcoming Membership Classes
- Sunday, May 19, 11am, Flood Kearny Library Conference Room (childcare offered @ 11am via FloodKids)
- Sunday, May 19, 6pm, Flood Offices (child care is not available at this time.)
What Does Flood Church Believe?
We believe and practice the essentials of the historic Christian faith. Our vision and values are what make us unique. Therefore on our membership document we do not list the essentials that every church should believe and practice. Flood is affiliated with Converge Worldwide, a movement of like-minded communities of faith dedicated to starting and strengthening churches. Our Affirmation of Faith represents our views. It’s also listed on the Vision/Values page of our website.
What is the purpose behind committing to a church family?
WE NEED HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS.
- “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the one who falls and has no one to help him up!” Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
WE NEED A PLACE WHERE WE CAN USE OUR GIFTS.
- “Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you…” 1 Timothy 4:14
WE NEED A PLACE WHERE WE CAN GROW.
- “They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, sharing in the breaking of bread and prayer.” Acts 2:42
WE NEED TO BELONG TO SOMETHING BIGGER THAN OURSELVES.
- “Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.” Romans 12:4-5
- “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another…” Hebrews 10:25
For more information on becoming a member of Flood Church or finding your place within this community please contact [email protected]